We’ve all had our share of minor motorcycle accidents in our life. These accidents and minor crashes have left a few scars on us but we still continue to ride our bike. Because these minor accidents won’t stop us from riding our motorcycle. But, to do that you must give value to your fitness and mental health. Every time we survive a crash, we should thank God for keeping an eye on us. After all, if we get out of a crash uninjured, we should consider ourselves very lucky. On the other hand, some people have suffered major accidents, which led them directly to the hospital or they have suffered from severe injuries for the rest of their lives.
I am not going to lie to you. This could happen to you if you don’t take care of yourself. If you are wondering, what we are talking about? Then let me answer this way. We are talking about the things you must do after any minor motorcycle accident. Let’s assume, you survived a crash and you are not hurt.
So, what you do afterward?
Would you get yourself checked right away?
Because, if you do, then you are doing the right thing. You must realize that what you do immediately after a minor motorcycle crash is extremely vital to your future physical and mental health and your safety.
That’s why we are here today, to recommend these tips intended for riders involved in a minor motorcycle accident that only receive some scratches or bruising with no major injuries. I am sure you will follow these tips and save them in your notes to use anytime you have a minor crash.
See Also: Are You Really a Proficient Motorcycle Rider?
Things to Do After a Minor Motorcycle Crash
- The first thing you need to do is get up. Move yourself and your motorcycle to safety. Once you stand your bike, use the hazard lights and get your bike off the road.
- Adrenaline is rushing through your entire body, so it would be a little difficult to check for injuries or bleeding. So, check your helmet and the rest of your gear for any damage, as it will show the specific area where you may have sustained an injury.
- After checking yourself, call emergency services. If there is any damage to public property, then don’t forget to notify the police.
- If you find yourself in a position where your minor accident damaged public property or affected another person, then make sure to take photos and gather evidence of the accident scene. Take a lot of photos of your bike, where it landed, and other photos related to your minor accident. If someone is available at the scene of the accident, then find an eyewitness to record a statement. And remember, to admit nothing.
- Don’t leave the crash scene until you have either contacted the police or provided your details to all relevant parties.
- Check your bike for roadworthiness. Make sure, it isn’t leaking oil, fuel, and has working brakes, controls, and lights, etc. Instead of using any commercial roadside operator services, contact your insurer or your provider for roadside assistance.
- Lastly, if you have some water, take a drink. Sit down and relax. Remember, it is just a minor motorcycle crash. It could’ve been worse. So, give yourself some time to get into the right state of mind, you may be trembling and not in the right frame of mind to ride.
These are just a few of the things to do after a minor motorcycle crash. We only recommend these for minor crashes where you aren’t hurt or didn’t receive a serious injury.
Leave a Reply