Short motorcycle riders always have to struggle with tall motorcycles like dirt bikes, touring bikes, and sports bikes. It is difficult for them to ride these motorcycles compared to tall riders. It has been normal for most motorcycle manufacturers producing bikes to accommodate tall riders, although this has changed in recent years.
Nowadays, many big companies like Harley-Davidson, BMW, Ducati, and Triumph are considering this struggle of short riders and they are now manufacturing bikes that are suitable for every type of rider. Cruisers and Scooters are best for short riders and they can easily ride these bikes.
Nevertheless, if you are short, you shouldn’t believe that you can’t ride taller motorcycles or that you are not meant to ride them.
That is Bullcrap!
You have more ability than you think. And 4 or 5 inches won’t take that ability away from you.
So, let’s take a look at our top tips for short motorcyclists and follow them.
Tips for Short Motorcycle Riders
- If you are going to purchase a new bike or a used bike, then take a look at the seat. Is it too wide or too narrow? Short riders can increase their reach to the ground by choosing a narrower seat motorcycle, instead of those that come with wide seats. The narrow seat will allow your legs to be closer together and result in a better reach to the ground.
- Choose a lighter motorcycle over the heavier ones. You can control a light motorcycle easily and can ride easily without any turning problem. Make sure, it also has an adjustable seat option.
- If you already have a bike with a non-adjustable seat and can’t afford to get a new one, then don’t worry! There is another way to manage. You know that motorcycle seats have foam in them. This foam is for a comfortable ride. But, this foam also adds a few inches to the seat height. So, you can go to a professional mechanic and ask to have the foam removed and replace it with 3D or memory foam gel.
- You can ask the mechanic to lower the suspension of your motorcycle. But, there is one risk. Adjusting the suspension will affect the height of the motorcycle, which also directly affects the clearance level. The low clearance can become a problem while cornering the motorcycle.
- You can also purchase new motorcycle boots, which not only have higher heels but a thick front section, as well. There are plenty of comfortable motorcycle boots on the online market that are available with a thick sole and can provide ultimate protection to your toes and ankles.
- This one we saved for last, which is possible and very effective too. On top of that, you don’t need to spend money to do it. We are talking about reaching your left foot to the ground and your right foot on the brake pedal. You can extend this reach by pointing the front wheel to the ground.
I hope these tips will help you to overcome the fear of tall bikes and can help you to ride motorcycles without any problems.
Leave a Reply